ICET Preparatory Program
The test is designed to measure the candidate’s ability to think systematically, to use the verbal and mathematical skills and to assess his or her aptitude for admission into MBA or MCA programme. The Test emphasizes accuracy. Therefore, the candidate is required to go through the instructions carefully. This is an objective type test and the questions are of multiple choice. Out of the given options, the candidate has to choose the correct answer. If the Candidate gives more than one answer to any question, such answers will be ignored while awarding marks.
The test consists of 200 questions of one mark each in the following topics.
Section – A: Analytical Ability
- Data Sufficiency: 20 Questions
- Problem Solving: 55 Questions
Section – B: Mathematical Ability
- Arithmetical Ability: 35 Questions/li>
- Algebraical and Geometrical Ability: 30 Questions
- Statistical Ability: 10 Questions
Section – C: Communication Ability
- Vocabulary: 10 Questions
- Business and Computer Terminology: 10 Questions
- Functional Grammar: 15 Questions
- Reading Comprehension: 15 Questions
ICET Test Pattern
Section – A: Analytical Ability (75 Questions)
(1) Data Sufficiency (20 Questions):
A question is given followed by data in the form of two statements labeled as i and ii. If the data given in i alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (1) is the correct answer. If the data given in ii alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (2) is the correct answer. If both i and ii put together are sufficient to answer the question but neither state¬ment alone is sufficient, then choice (3) is the correct answer. If both i and ii put together are not suffi¬cient to answer the question and additional data is needed, then choice (4) is the correct answer.
(2) Problem Solving (55 Questions):
- Sequences and Series (25 questions): Analogies of numbers and alphabets, completion of blank spaces following the pattern in a:b::c:d rela¬tionship; odd thing out: missing number in a sequence or a series.
- Data Analysis (10 questions): The data given in a Table, Graph, Bar diagram, Pie Chart, Venn Diagram or a Passage is to be analyzed and the questions pertaining to the data are to be answered.
- Coding and Decoding Problems (10 questions): A code pattern of English Alphabet is given. A given word or a group of letters are to be coded or de¬coded based on the given code or codes.